Rawla Narlai is a boutique heritage hotel situated in Narlai in the Rajasthan Region, 49 km from Kumbhalgarh. Once a hunting lodge of the Jodhpur royal family, this 17th century mansion has been renovated and converted into heritage hotel by the descendants of the family . Located mid-way between Udaipur and Jodhpur in the heart of the Aravalli Hills, the hotel is the ideal spot to break the journey between the two cities and enjoy rural Rajasthan.
The hotel has 32 rooms categorized as:
- Classic Heritage Rooms: Adorned with hand block printed lining and vintage furnishing the classic heritage rooms are the base category rooms at the hotel.
- Grand Heritage Room: Well appointed with classical decor, antique furnishing and refined ambiances, these rooms are the ideal choice for discerning leisure & indulgent traveller/vacationers.
- Luxury Grand Heritage Room: Featuring splendid harmony of old style of regal living and newer luxuries, the luxury grand heritage rooms are the true epitome of royalty exuding warmth and grandeur.
- Jharokha Rooms: The Jharoka rooms are elegantly gestated with exceptional theme of Rajasthan’s fabled demeanour towards women safety. From the comforts of these well appointed rooms guests can enjoy rejoicing views of the lush gardens.
- Narlai Suite: The Narlai suite comprises of a gorgeous bedroom with wide open sitting stretch and a lounge running complete length of the suite furnished with aesthetic richness to render kingly experience of living at Rawla Narlai.
Each room is elegantly furnished and appointed with all modern amenities’
hotel has a multi-cuisine restaurant named the “Jharoka Café”. The restaurant with British and Mughal traces is embellished with royal portraits and ornate mirrors and offers a choice of continental and traditional indian cuisne.
The hotel also has a bar offering an array of spirits in the vibrant yet tranquil settings. The bar is enriched with rustic and vibrant Rajasthani ambiances with intricate lattice work. The lively music at the bar creates a perfect mood for the evening ahead.
The hotel also offers private dining options at the serene courtyards or scenic outdoor venues., round a bubbly fountain or under the starry sky watching the slowly sleeping town below.
The experiences offered at the Rawla Narlai are:
- Dinner at the 16th century old Baori (Step-well) of Rawla Narlai. The experience includes a bullock cart ride to the stepwell that is lit by hundreds of lamps. This is followed by an elaborate dinner at the stepwell while being entertained by the local jogi singing the devotional folk songs in his rich melodious voice.
- A high tea at the nearby lake where the guests can relax and watch the nature’s beauty.
- Guided horse riding through the rugged countryside on Narlai.
- Guided jeep safari to the nearby village where the guests can see the different craftsmen working their trade, famous temples whose beautiful architecture should be seen and visit to a traditional working farm. Another interesting stop is the Stud Farm that houses the famous pure bred horses that are typical to this region.
- Village walk into the Narlai village to look at the traditional way people live there..During the walk the guests can go inside some of the houses, talk to people, ask questions, have a cup of tea or smoke a bidi with them. The Village walk is ideally done in morning before the villagers depart for grazing or in the evening during their return.
- Leopard sighting in customized jeeps is a very exciting activity that Rawla Narlai offers. The rugged Godwad countryside around Narlai suits the leopards and over a period the number has increased. Not easy to spot as they blend very well into the background, these cats can sometimes be seen sunning themselves on the rocks or resting under the shade of a tree.
- Hiking to elephant hill to get a spectacular view of sunrise or sunset, whichever one may choose.
- Hiking to the Narlai hill to visit the cave temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- A half day trip on the meter gauge train that runs through beautiful countryside. This guided trip can be done in two stages – a couple of hours drive to the station or a journey by the train along with local villagers and then pick up at the end station by car / jeep followed by a drive back to hotel.
- Rawla Narlai has a spa that offers soothing treatments and exhilarating range of services to suit the guest need.