Located on the shores of mesmerizing Arabian Sea, the luxurious Carnoustie Ayurveda and wellness resort is just 8 km away from the world famous backwaters of Alappuzah. Set amidst verdant tropical greens, Carnoustie offers the best of ‘God’s own country’ and is meticulously designed to be perfect restful and a rejuvenating escape.
Carnoustie Ayurveda and wellness resort offers exquisitely furnished villas complete with private pool/pond and timber laden decks. All villas are perfect fusion of traditional and modern Kerala architecture. Well appointed rooms, lavish bathrooms and artistically designed walk-in dressers offer utmost comfort to the guest.
The room categories at Carnoustie are as below:
- Akund Deluxe Villa: Aesthetically designed eco friendly villas with private deck, walk-in dressers and rain shower amidst beautifully designed and landscape gardens. These villas feature walk-in dressers and an outside deck with lily pool.
- Mallika pool Villa: Designed with its own private pool, these eco friendly villa provide guest the exclusivity with all the features and amenities for a memorable vacation. These villas feature a private pool with wooden deck, Bose music system, Rain shower and walk-in dresser.
- Zukara Pool Villa: Nestled between towering coconut trees and lush greenery, guest can relax and unwind in these eco friendly, elegantly designed villa. The villas feature Bose music system, Privaye Pool with deck area, Rain shower and walk-in dresser.
- Semanta Pool Villa: A home away from home, these villas offer the ultimate luxury and space. These villas feature a private pool with deck area, Bose music system, Rain shower and walk-in dresser.
- Punag Pool Villa: Opulence redefined, Punag is a reflection of style, elegance and technology. These villas feature a Private Pool with deck area, Bose music system, Rain shower, walk-in dresser and a Jacuzzi.
Carnoustie has its own organic garden within the resort which grows fruits, vegetables spices and Ayurvedic herbs for the resort's own restaurants and Spa. The resort grows these vegetables without chemicals by feeding them with natural nutrients and bio extract.
The resort has 2 dining options:
IDA: This is multi cuisine restaurant set amidst beautifully landscaped gardens.
Chimaera: This is a sea food speciality restaurant which serves regional seafood delicacies.
At the Resort:
- Explore the Beach: The Marari beach is not a touristic beach, but it is a peaceful place to relax and unwind.
- Aryavaidyasala (Wellness Spa) and Yoga: As per Ayurveda, health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Ayurveda states that poor nutrition is the main cause of disease. A dedicated team of qualified culinary professionals at the resort prepare healthy meals planned by nutritional experts and Ayurveda doctors. The Spa at Carnoustie offers holistic treatments combining practices of Ayurveda, Yoga, Marma, Mantra and Naturopathy. Also on offer are regular Spa treaments like Herbal Body Scrub, Foot Reflexology, Manicure and many more.
- Cultural Performaces: Guest can enjoy the Ancient Kerala Art/Dance performances by locals at the Resort.
- Houseboat Cruise: Carnoustie's Luxury Backwaters Boat, one of the most luxurious boats in Kerala, is fully air-conditioned and features a fully furnished open lounge, living room, sun deck, comfortable chairs, separate dining area, kitchenette and washroom. This is not an overnight houseboat, but a luxury backwaters boat, ideal for a lunch cruise or sunset cruise with high tea along Keralan backwaters, allowing an opportunity to observe local life in the villages along the banks.
Excursions: Below stated excurions can be organised:
- Temple Visit: Guest can visit few sacred temples with rich hindu culture and fine architecture.
- Bicycle Tour: Guest can go out on a bicycle ride around the local villages to explore local lifestyle and culture.
- Fort Cochi: Guest can choose to explore the architecture and heritage of the early Jewish and Colonial settlement at Fort Kochi.
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary: Located12kms away from the resort, the sanctuary spreads across 14 acres and offers an interesting variety of birdlife.